Sunday, January 1, 2023

quick rides near SeaTac

​Seattle turned out to be a very bike friendly area. Albeit with some rough edges. My first few bike rides around the hotel roads I was greeted by some unfriendly “f bombs”. I noticed that it was when I was riding on a sidewalk with NO PEDESTRIANS. I thought there was a rule about riding on the sidewalks but, bikes are allowed on the sidewalk but they must yield to pedestrians. 


Highland SeaTac Botanical Garden

After my initial shock of a few grumpy people, I did find a few favorite rides near the airport. The first one is a bit tricky to navigate to because of the frontage road near the north end. However I found you can bypass that congested section by cycling through on the roads through the cemetery. 



This serene place had some bunnies plus actual dirt to ride on. I loved seeing the red blooming trees that reminded me of bottlebrush in South Africa.


Des Moines Creek Trail

This was a fun first time on the LIGHT RAIL directly at the SeaTac airport. It was just a few stops south to Angel Lake to begin this ride. However, Brompton bike  must be folded to ride the escalator or you can take a elevator up to the platform. Take the south bound train headed to Angel lake. Although this trail is only 4 miles round trip, I added some miles in town and got me some boba. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

shopping … no problem

​Not only does the Brompton fit in our overhead bins and through tsa conveyor belts for security screening, but it also has a great function...