Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Freedom in Los Angeles

My trip to Los Angeles had some high expectations after our all nighter from Anchorage. I was able to bring my Brompton folding bike. Her name is Freedom. 

Surprisingly, she fit into the overhead bin with no issues.  I quickly slept for a few hours and partook into navigating to the beach. I usually use the bike overlay app on google maps to display where they think it’s bike friendly. Today it worked perfectly. Being so close to thee airport, I was concerned that it would be a nightmare of traffic. It wasn’t bad and a short 20 minutes I was on the most perfect bike path ever.

This is a great two lane bike path that weave its way around the coast and its many beaches. I picked going South. I forgot it was a Saturday and the amount of people enjoying the outdoors was increased. Fishing, surfing, rollerblading, ebikes, volleyball, running, pickle ball, and walkers all enjoyed the coast.

At the end of the path, I journaled and read my Bible and just rested on the warm table. Food is always a fun way to see new places so I found Just Poke in Redondo beach. Absolutely my top poke place I have ever found. So flavorful and delicious. Thinking about it makes my mouth water. 

I meandered back but here is where I learned a few things. 

1: always bring a light

2: bring gloves

3:if you are out after dark stay off the road

4: carry a backup battery because navigating drains the battery of my cellphone

I went and got Trader Joe’s for dinner and picked up some needed shopping at the MAXX. I love the basket in the front because the Brompton turns into a shopping cart in the stores.

The next morning I tried going North. Headwinds made it harder, but I made it to Venice beach. 

My heart and my body feels so good when I get outside. It is a huge gift. 

Absolutely a wonderful crew!!

Venice Mural







Goodby Peloton hello Freedom (a little bike chat in the workout room) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

shopping … no problem

​Not only does the Brompton fit in our overhead bins and through tsa conveyor belts for security screening, but it also has a great function...